Thursday, August 25, 2011

Shopping at CVS

CVS gives ExtraBucks (xb) and they also give gas cards. You must have a CVS ExtraCare card, but they are free, and it is a simple process to get them. Just ask the cashier, and give your phone number or email. See, that is simple! The tricky part about CVS, is you have to keep your register receipt. This is where the xb are printed. And every time you go into CVS, scan your ExtraCare card on the 'magic coupon machine'! There are some really great deals on there sometimes!
Example: Charmin double roll 16 pk is on sale for $9.99, Puffs Plus lotion are on sale 2/$3, Bounty 12 pk paper towels are on sale for $9.99. If you purchase $25 in any combo, of these three products, you get $10 xb. I bought 2 pkg Charmin and 4 boxes of Puffs, used 2 mfr coupons for the Charmin (50 cents off each) and 4 mfr coupons for the Puffs (50 cents off each), which saved me $3, plus I received $10 xb. So, I spent $23, and got $10 xb back to spend on my next transaction, which was, as you guessed it, DIAPERS! haha CVS also has a sale this week on certain products, including diapers, which are buy one, get one at 50% off. I had scanned my card, and was given a coupon for $4 off diapers when you buy wipes. I bought 2 jumbo pks of diapers, and a .99 cent box of wipes. The total was around $15, but after my $4 off cvs coupon, and the sale, I used my $10 xb, and only ended up spending .89 cents out of pocket for this transaction.
I know it all sounds confusing, but a little bit of practice, and some helpful CVS employees, and you will be a pro in no time! I have been doing this for years, and I still get confused :)

No comments:

Post a Comment