Monday, January 16, 2012

recycled bed slats

Years ago, we needed slats for our bed. I went to the barn, and found some old 1x2s that had been there for many, many years. I had long since forgotten about these painted, yet naturally distressed, slats, until we moved into our new home. I sold the headboard and footboard that they went with, and the new owners didn't seem to want the multicolored beauties. So, I put them back in the barn, until I could decide what to do with them. One day, out of necessity for a table in my bathroom, I made the trek back to the barn. Low and behold, there they were! With a little planning, measuring and a couple of drawings, I made this! The top removes, and there is storage inside! I absolutely love it!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Its a great idea, especially the storage. Any chance for a tutorial or plans? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There really is no plans for it :) I just built a box, added legs, and then the few pieces for the top. The one thing I did is placed some scap 1x2s under the top to make it fit snug inside the box :)) Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete