Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What little girls are made of.....

I am the mom of two girls, although they are no longer LITTLE divas... My oldest daughter is 25 and my youngest is 16. We were long past the cute little hair bows, dresses, patent leather shoes, and glitter...until now! My granddaughter will be making her entrance tomorrow morning! My grandson, her big brother, will be 4 next month, on Valentine's Day. I must say, when he came along, I was out of my element making things for little boys, but we managed very well! Now, I am back in my comfort zone, and my husband is drowning in the sea of pink and glitter once again!

We have been online, and in, literally, every store in town, looking for the perfect 'Little Sister' shirt. The big brother shirt was found months ago. So, since we were down to the last hours, we (and when i say 'we', i mean, my oldest daughter!) decided that YaYa, (me) could make one! So, at 7:30pm, YaYa started this adventure.

Although this was painless, and required very little thinking, It did, however, take a little preparation. First things first: Craft store to find the exact pattern. I was very lucky, today. We found Iron On decorations in EXACTLY what she wanted. Second: You must wash the clothing to remove any sizing from manufacture. And DO NOT use fabric softener.
Now, just follow the directions on the packaging for the decals. Now, every little girl has to have a little bling, right?? I added a string of pearls. Normally, I would not add these, as they are a choking hazard, but these are attatched with a safety pin, so they can be removed easily for washing, or sleeping!

The hardest part of this, was fitting both of the decals on such a small piece of clothing. But I think it turned out absolutely adorable! The only thing left is a little rhinestone in the flower, but I dont have time to break out the bedazzler tonight! That will wait until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment