Sunday, November 13, 2011

Home Made Christmas!

I am blessed to have a friend that is 95 years young, and she is teaching me how to knit and crochet! She has some beautiful work that she has done over the years, and I hope to be half as good as she is! I have made some baby blankets, baby booties and dish rags. I am pleased to say they have turned out great, so far! haha I am in the process now of making some Sock Monkey hats with ear flaps for my teenagers. They have an obsession with Sock Monkeys for some reason! I will add some pics of my work, at a later date, as some of the projects I have been doing are gifts for Christmas :) I am thinking of starting a new tradition with my family: At least 1 (one) gift must be homemade by the giver....Imagine the possiblities! I think it is a great idea. My kids may think otherwise, but hopefully, it will become a tradition for many, many years to come!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should start a knitting class!! I would sure attend!! Karen

    ReplyDelete